From: Ben Story
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2001 7:14 PM
Subject: Internet Connection Sharing

I'm moving back to campus this weekend and will be wanting to share a Cable connection with my new roommate.  Cash is a little tight right now so I'm not really wanting to buy a router or another NIC for my board.  Is there a way to share my connection just using one NIC and a switch?  Basically can I have one alias get a DHCP IP from the provider and the other alias have a static 192.168.x.x address for my internal LAN even though they're on the same NIC?

Ben