Re: php,perl,app svr, sql dbase preferences

Earlier I said:
> > I hate to start a language war, but PHP is a hideous piece of crap.

I probably should have noted that I was forced to use PHP once, and I
found it limiting, to say the least.  So I have a thing against it.  :)

Still, I prefer to see people use PHP than the proprietary (M$)
alternatives.

Danny Sauer said:
[...]
> 	lazy/inconsistent/incompetent programmers again.
[...]

Since PHP is "sold" as a tool for non-programmers, I'd say it is fair
to hold these things against PHP rather than the programmers.

Sure, Perl makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot, but nobody
claims that non-programmers should be writing sensitive code in Perl
and expect anything but the worst.  Plus Perl has taint mode, Safe,
etc. to help protect you from yourself.  perlsec(1) is also nice.

I'm going to just stop here and avoid the temptation to rant about
lying documentation (hint - don't call it a Perl-compatible regular
expression if it doesn't work like a regular expression in Perl) and
such.  ;-)