Re: virus messages (was Fwd: Re: tomorrow's meeting)

On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 04:14:41PM -0600, Steven Pritchard wrote:
> In the mean time, I'd suggest that anyone still using Windows invest
> in a good virus scanner and keep it updated.  There's no such thing as
> innocent email.

On the subject of windows and virii - http://housecall.antivirus.com/ has
a neat little ActiveX control that you can scan your machine with for free
(and without registering).  It's not natively automatable - though some
creativity with scripting could make it so - but it *is* always up-to-date
and free to use.  It works much better under Aiee than other browsers, BTW,
due to that whole ActiveX thing.

That's my couple o' cents, anyway.

--Danny