ximian sideways-grade

So, I'm pretty well fed up with the ximian gnome stuff on my redhat 7.2
box.  Browsing between 1 and 20 pages between galeon crashes, sawfish
crashes, and general X/gnomeapp weirdness has taken its toll.

So, has anyone moved from ximian back to the defaults, or has anyone found
a way to make ximian more stable?  I'm thinking that I'll just up2date the
system with the redhat gnome stuff and then remove all of the remaining
packages with -ximian in their names.  That should theoretically be OK,
right?

--Danny