Re: four distros into one

On Thu, 30 May 2002, Gary wrote:

> This might change the definition or concepts of independent
> certifications down the line, don't you think?

No, I didn't know about these plans a few months ago, what makes you think
that? :-) *grin*

No, it won't change the concepts of independent certifications, at least
not LPI if that's what you mean. LPI isn't a product certification, it's a
job certification based on the standards of the product. If their combined
efforts remain true to the Linux Standards Base definition, then the
content of the certification won't change at all.

Given SuSE and such have been so involved in LPI's development rather than
developing their own product certification, I don't think you'll see much
change in the training and certification industry.

Director of Exam Development            http://www.lpi.org/