TFTP permissions

All,
A short while back, I wrote a perl script that automates sending and
receiving configuration files for routers through TFTP. The majority of
the questions I've received from people deal with how to set up their TFTP
server correctly. So, I've taken some time to try and write up a brief
HOWTO on the matter.
In my trail and error with using the in.tftpd option flags, I see that I
am able to specify a username that will act on behalf of the process for
reading and writing files. Nonetheless, files written to the server have
rw-rw-rw- permissions. I would have expected something more along the
lines of 644.
I've looked through the tftpd man page and glanced over rfc2347 and I dont
see any way of changing the umask used when files are written. Is anyone
aware of a method to accomplish this?

Thanks, Charles