Re: Distros

On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 01:20:53AM +0000, mike808@users.sourceforge.net wrote:
> Also, since I'm bringing one to Phil at the MOSLUG meeting,
> so I'll burn 2 and you can get it at the meeting.
>
> MOSLUG meets TOMORROW 7-9pm at Culpeppers in Kirkwood (Kirkwood Rd aka
> Lindbergh) about 2 miles north of 44 & Lindbergh.

I'm reasonably sure that Brandon is in Springfield, so St. Louis isn't
terribly convenient.

> Steve wrote:
> > Note that I prefer people to use the shorter URL
> >
> >   ftp://ftp.silug.org/pub/redhat/linux/8.0/en/iso/i386/psyche-i386-disc1.iso
>
> Aw, Steve, you can do better than that! http://fcol.org/?N5
> (Only good for 7 days).

I don't prefer it because it is shorter.  I prefer it because it means
I only have to keep one set of symlinks when I move stuff around.  :-)

> C'mon. http has *got* to suck worse than ftp since it has no restart ability.

Actually, HTTP 1.1 does have restart.  (Or, more specifically, ISTR
that there's a way to specify a byte range in the request.)