Re: The Swedish Opera abandons standards for MS

On Fri, 2003-02-14 at 14:48, Steven Pritchard wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 06:49:11PM +0000, mike808@users.sourceforge.net wrote:
> > Two weeks ago it was revealed that Microsoft's MSN portal targeted Opera
> > users, by purposely providing them with a broken page.
>
> On a similar note, I found it interesting this morning when I followed
> a link to a page on msnbc.com in Konqueror and got a largely blank
> page.  Remembering the Opera story a couple of weeks ago, I switched
> the browser identification to IE 5.5, hit reload, and suddenly the
> whole page rendered fine.
>
> Coincidence?

In my experience, attempting to load a page delivered from any server
under Microsoft's direct control is a crap shoot unless you use IE (or
pretend to).  Sometimes it renders, sometimes it doesn't.  No other
sites give me as many problems.

Well, there's the Washington Post, but they're just
anti-cookie-approval, which isn't really browser discrimination.  I
could get their site to work flawlessly by just telling my browser to
always mindlessly accept their cookies.  Assuming I cared, of course.
--
Jeff Licquia <jeff@licquia.org>