Re: MRTG graphing on sub-interfaces

On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 06:12:44PM -0600, Marcelo Medici wrote:
> Is there a method of distinguishing line rates per sub inter-face?

As far as I know, no.  The various aliased interfaces aren't "real"
interfaces...  They're just different addresses for the "master"
interface.  (This is why you can't filter traffic based on aliased
interfaces with iptables, for reference.)

If you need to be able to distinguish between the interfaces, make
them separate physical interfaces.

On that note, has anyone seen any 4-port NICs for sale recently?  All
of the 10/100s that I was aware of are now off the market.  :-/