Re: [DISCUSS] MDK9.1 CD1 - no good burn yet

> None of my CD's are checking out using your script.

Try it manually. Do a "dd if=file-to-check.iso bs=2048 | md5sum"
and see how many blocks it says it transferred.
That's the block count to use when you dd from the CD.

Also note the MD5 digest checksum it displays. It should match the
checksum as published by the vendor (or other authoritaive source).

Do the same for your CD.

If one of them doesn't match, then you don't have a valid bit-for-bit
copy of the original.

Whether that means that the bad bits are *important* ones, who knows?
But, since you can't tell at this point which bits are bad without a
lot of work (sifting through 650 MB), I'd say it's easier to burn
another CD (using a different way, of course) and check them until you get a
good one.

In my case, it turns out to be the problem was KonCD. Using xcdroast
solved that problem. I might check out KreateCD and see if that's any
easier. Craig noted he likes K3something-or-other.

Mike808/