Re: Linux plus XP

MS Windows uses chainloading.  Sometimes you must designate the block
list number in GRUB to be able to boot windows from GRUB.
(chainloader+1).

This grub.conf came from Presario laptop dual booting Windows XP and Red
Hat 8.0.

#grub.conf generated by anaconda
#
#Note that you do not have to rerun grub after making changes to this
file
#NOTICE: You have a /boot partition.  This means that
#	all kernel and initrd paths are relative to /boot/, eg.
#	root (hdo,1)
#	kernel /vmlinuz-version ro root=/dev/hda3
#	initrd /initrd-version.img
#boot=/dev/hda2
default=0
timeout=10
splashimage=(hd0,1)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
title Red Hat Linux (2.4.18-19.8.0)
	root (hd0,1)
	kernel /vmlinuz_2.4.18-19.8.0 ro root=LABEL=/ hdc=ide=scsi
noathlon
	initrd /initrd-2.4.18.-19.8.0.img
title Windows XP
	rootnoverify (hd0,0)