ADMINISTRIVIA: Your input is needed.

For whatever reason, we're starting to get a lot of subscribers from
outside the area.  And I don't mean from St. Louis (since that's where
I'm at, I'm not complaining about anyone from this area ;).  I'm
talking about people from other continents.

So, assuming these people are asking valid Linux questions (newbie or
otherwise), do I

    a) tell them this is a semi-private list for people in the
       immediate geographical area, and possibly point them to better
       places to find support

or

    b) blindly approve on-topic posts?

Feel free to answer me on or off-list.  I'm really curious to see what
everyone's opinion is.

For the record, I've been walking some sort of middle ground for a
while now, applying my own judgement.  In the distant past, my policy
was simply to tell people outside the area to go away.  (That was in
the *very* distant past, and only on the SILUG list, IIRC.)  Trying to
keep up with all the lists has become enough of a burden lately (given
my schedule and the immense amount of spam and virus mail that get
bounced to me for moderation) that I'd prefer to just do one or the
other now.

I'd like as many opinions as possible.  I'm going to go with whatever
the consensus is.

Steven Pritchard          | http://www.luci.org/