Red Hat 9 network script incompatibility

I just wanted to warn everyone that I ran across something that is
incompatible between Red Hat 9 and previous versions of Red Hat (going
back as far as I can remember).  I'll have to check (after I've had
some sleep) if this has been submitted to bugzilla yet...

If you have static routes in /etc/sysconfig/static-routes before
upgrading to RH9, they won't work afterwards.  The contents of that
file have been replaced with various files that live under
/etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/.  For example, if you had the
following in /etc/sysconfig/static-routes:

    eth1 net 10.0.0.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 gw 172.16.0.1

You would need the following in
/etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/eth1.route after an upgrade:

    ADDRESS0=10.0.0.0
    NETMASK0=255.255.255.0
    GATEWAY0=172.16.0.1

You can put multiple routes in the file by just changing the number
(ADDRESS1, ADDRESS2, etc.).

Apparently you can also use /etc/sysconfig/network-script/route-eth1
in this example, but I haven't figured out what that file is supposed
to look like yet...