Re: Static IP Address Question

Just set your linux box back up for dhcp and see what address your d-link
box gives it, as well as the default gateway, dns servers, etc.  After
writing this down, statically configure your linux box with the same
address, default gateway, dns, etc and it should work but now it is
static.

if this doesn't work, you still can experiment with apache on your lan
'cause the dhcp lease never seems to expire on a small lan.  On my lan, I
have a dhcp server that hands out the same ip address to the same machines
day after day after day...  I only have about 3 machines on my lan.

Also, on a win98se box, there is a file called 'hosts.sam' in the
c:\windows\system directory.  This file works *exactly* the same way as
the /etc/hosts file on a linux box and is searched first for name
resolution.  You only have to edit it and rename it to 'hosts' without any
extension.  This way, you can type in "www.domain.com" on your 98se box
and have it resolv to the ip of your apache box instead of typeing the ip
address in all the time.  Just a little extra info...

Hope this helps...
Aaron Cronkright