virtual hosts with own cgi-bin?

I have multiple virtual hosts and it seems that all use a common cgi-bin

In my case I guess it's not a big deal but if you have multiple users is it better for each virtual host to have it's own cgi-bin in it's own document root?

Since I've been fooling with interchange I noticed that no matter what virtual host you install a catalog on you end up with the starter file within the default cgi-bin instead of the cgi-bin I tried placing within the document root of the virtual host.

The interchage makecat script asks where your cgi-bin dir is but it still ends up using the default cgi-bin.

Is there a diective I need to define in the httpd.conf virtual hosts section?

I noticed that the guy who originally helped me get set up, placed a statement within the ssl virtual host which specifically refers to the cgi-bin location.

In the case of a normal virtual host would I have to do somthing like directory statement? or is there more that needs to be done like a ScriptAlias statement in order to have a virtual host have it's own cgi-bin?

There is a script alias in a secure host directory.
is this something else that needs to be in place as well?

See examples at end...

Or does it really matter at all because I just have friends and my kids sites hosted here anyway?

I just got to thinking that if any of them needed to place anything into the cgi-bin they would need root access which I have not given.

However if it was in their own web directory in they could get to it.

examples:

<VirtualHost 22.22.222.22 22.22.222.22>
ServerName www.foo.com
	ServerSignature email
DocumentRoot /home/robert/website
	DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.php index.shtml
	ServerSignature email
	LogLevel warn
	HostNameLookups off
<Directory "/home/robert/website/cgi-bin">
	</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

Or would I do it like this with the ScriptAlias statment?

<VirtualHost 22.22.222.22 22.22.222.22 >
ServerName www.foo.com
	ServerSignature email
DocumentRoot /home/robert/website
	DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.php index.shtml
	ServerSignature email
	LogLevel warn
	HostNameLookups off
	ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/home/robert/website/cgi-bin"
</VirtualHost>

Thanks,
John