Re: virtual hosts with own cgi-bin?

John Wolgamot wrote, On 5/22/2003 8:55 AM:
> I have multiple virtual hosts and it seems that all use a common cgi-bin
[...]
> Or would I do it like this with the ScriptAlias statment?
>

> <VirtualHost 22.22.222.22 22.22.222.22 >
> ServerName www.foo.com
> 	ServerSignature email
> DocumentRoot /home/robert/website
> 	DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.php index.shtml
> 	ServerSignature email
> 	LogLevel warn
> 	HostNameLookups off
> 	ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/home/robert/website/cgi-bin"
> </VirtualHost>

That's pretty much how I generally do it - though my scheme is to set up
a directory for each virtual host - /home/www/www.domain.com - and
within that directory make 2 subdirs, "docs" and "cgi-bin".  The "docs"
dir is the server root and cgi-bin is ScriptAlias'd to /cgi-bin.  I
mostly do that because I don't like aliasing a virtual path over the top
of a real path - that kind of thing can only come back to bite you later.

I like using a seperate logfile, too, but that's just to make generation
of statistics easier.  This is my virtual host template, if it helps.
"VIRT_HOST" gets replaced by the new domain name when a new host is created.

## VIRT_HOST
<VirtualHost 10.1.1.5>
     ServerName   www.VIRT_HOST
     ServerAdmin  webmaster@VIRT_HOST