Re: wireless products

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 00:18:58 +0000 (GMT), mike808@users.sourceforge.net

>I'm sure both companies are getting the job done. More so than
>Verizon. I'm just glad folks in rural IL not only A) have access to
>broadband, but, B) have competing providers for it.

We live a few miles East of I-55 near Springfield and have wireless DSL
through Springnet. (No cable or DSL service available.) They have access
points on the Springfield Hilton, one in the Chatham area, and either have or
are installing one in Mason City I believe. I've been happy with the service
and the connection since getting it about a year and a half ago. Ours is a
384 kB connection.

The equipment they use is from BreezeCom. There is a small antenna that's
rectangular, about 8 inches by 10 inches on the eve of the house and a box
inside with a 10/100 Ethernet connection. Unobtrusive. No muss, no fuss.

No connection to Springnet other than as a customer.

Tim