Re: Insight Broadband

--- mike808 <mike808@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> >> Whereabouts are you hailing from?
> > I live in Champaign.
>
> > The LUG meetings are in Springfield right?
>
> Yep.
>
> > On the Insight issue,  I have a temporary fix,
>
> Glad to hear that. I hope it wasn't to run Windows.
> :-)
>
> > but I think I have some proxy issues to work out.
>
> Want to elaborate? Sensing a
> project/follow-along-at-home idea coming....
>
> Mike

Actually, I installed all the software they
wanted on my girlfriend's win98 machine.  Then
moved the connection to my machine, Insight
updated the MAC address and I was able to
get an ip.
The problem I'm having now is that
Insight catches requests to www.google.com
and mail.yahoo.com (but not www.yahoo.com) and
tells me that I haven't registered.  But I can get
on other sites I've tried (slashdot, etc.) just
fine.  One of the tech people said I have to set
my browser (galeon) to use the http proxy
sas.r31.insightbb.com:8000 with the exception
*.r31.insightbb.com.  I don't know much about
proxies but this doesn't seem to make sense.
Upon trying this Insight blocks any connections.
Any thoughts?
-Chad
PS sorry Mike, I didn't realize I wasn't replying to
the list.