Re: Tonight's meeting -- definitely want to make this one

Quoting Erich Schroeder <erich@museum.state.il.us>:
> I'm sorry that you can't make it. I'd sure like to meet with someone
> who really knows blender. We've worked a little bit with Maya here, but
> I'm the only one who putzes around in blender. We work with the Science
> Museum of Minnesota on some grants, and they have workshops for high school
> students where they teach 3d modeling and animation using blender
> (running on some old SGIs they had donated). We started trying to work out
> something like that, but decided that the blender interface was a bit
> obscure for the age-groups that we were dealing with at that time, so
> opted for something called "Rhino" (on windows).

As someone who is at the opposite spectrum from those who are gifted with media
expression (just take a look at my home page and you'll know what I mean ;-),
this sounds like an exciting newbie meeting that this Linux veteran would love
to attend.

So hopefully I'll make my very first LUCI meeting tonight, given availability.

-- Bryan J. Smith, RHCE, LPIC-2, Linux+
   Enterprise Security Analyst at a "Bloomington company"

--
Bryan J. Smith, E.I.  mailto:b.j.smith@ieee.org  http://thebs.org