From: luci-discuss-owner@luci.org [mailto:luci-discuss-owner@luci.org]
On Behalf Of Benjamin Story
Sent: Sunday, September 21, 2003 11:27 AM
To: luci-discuss@luci.org
Subject: Re: Laptop

I've tried linux on a few of my company's junk laptops and have found
that Dell's work "ok" out of box, but that you usually have to hunt
down patches for the power management stuff.  Right now I'm using
Mandrake 9.1 on a HP evo n800c and have everything but the power
management working.  The only thing that I had to do custom was
download the newest linux-wlan release to get the multiport 802.11b
card to work (it uses the prism2_usb driver).

On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 03:30:40PM -0500, Tim Grossner wrote:
> Does anyone have a recommendation for a laptop brand/type that has
good Linux
> compatibility? I am thinking of getting one and want to ensure I have
the
> option of running or favorite OS.

> Thanks,
>
> Tim Grossner
>
> tgrossner@lunarhosting.net

Benjamin Story

() Join the ASCII ribbon campaign against HTML email and
Microsoft-specific
/\ attachments. If I wanted to read HTML, I would have visited your
website!
Support open standards.