Debian Install Help

So I'm trying to move from redhat to debian and
I've run into a problem. Debian can't seem to
find my hard drive.  I have an Asus A7V133 which
has an onboard Raid controller.  Google said that
the apparent work around for this is to use the
idepci installation kernel.  I think there are
2 ways of doing this:

1: boot from cds and at prompt type - linux idepci
2: boot rescue and root idepci floppies and continue
the installation.

Neither of these methods allow the installer to
find my hard drives.  I am sure that the idepci
kernel is being loaded, but still no HD detection
Are there modules I should be loading,
or am I doing something wrong? any ideas?
Thanks,
Chad

PS I hope everyone else had as much fun
celebrating "Talk Like a Pirate Day"