Re: Fedora Core 2 Test 3

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004, Erich Schroeder wrote:

> Sound isn't working now. I'll have to look further into this. The
> system-config-soundcard script correctly finds the ensonic card, but the
> module doesn't load right. Running it by command line looks like:

clipped...

> I'll work more on this, of course. Any ideas? There may be some screwy
> things left over from earlier efforts of using alsa.

I had a bunch of sound card-related entries in /etc/modprobe.conf that
referred to the OSS sound system. After commenting them out, then running
'modprobe snd-card-ens1371' and switching xmms to the alsa output
plugin--yay, I got sound. Seems to sound better than before, but that may
just be my imagination.

RealPlayer doesn't seem to work now, so I can't listen to the O'Franken
Factor. It's probably a plot.

eks

Erich Schroeder                    Phone: (217)785-0033
Curator, Information Technologies  FAX:   (217)785-2857
Illinois State Museum GIS Lab      email:erich(at)illinois.state.museum
                 http://illinois.state.museum/