XVIDIX graphics app.

Does anyone know of an XVIDIX equivalent to xsetroot?

Using mplayer's xvidix video output driver and the -rootwin switch allows
you to play a video on your background screen. You can make a faux
transparent terminal by starting xterm with a green background, which
seems to be the chroma key for xvidix, end result you can watch a video
through your terminal.

mplayer -vo xvidix -fs -rootwin <your movie file>

The problem is, when the video ends, you have ugly green xterms all over
the place. Does anyone know of a program kind of like xsetroot, that will
let me set a plain black background on the xvidix layer, and prevent me
from having the ugly green xterms?

Obviously, this is just for personal pleasure, and no serious
repercussions will occur if I can't fix it ;)

Now try doing that with windows.

herbie