Re: Job searching?

Bryan wrote regarding 'Re: Job searching?' on Wed, Dec 28 at 01:29:
> On Tue, 2005-12-27 at 18:15 -0600, Danny Sauer wrote:
> > So, I'm getting a little sick of driving 3 hours/day to a job that's
> > paid hourly and has no benefits (*man* insurance is expensive).
>
> Consider joining the IEEE Computer Society.  You don't have to be an EE
> to join, but you can become eligible for the same benefits.  I think
> this includes the same option for various medical insurance coverage
> options after 2 years of membership -- although check on the limitations
> if you are just a CS member.
>
> The term life insurance rates are just unbeatable.

You know, I've been considering an IEEE membership for a while, maybe
I should look into that again.  I hadn't looked at it since a year or
so ago when I tried to convince my employer that the developers (and
sysadmin) should get memberships for training purposes.  I think the
training money instead went to keeping the company afloat for another
month or so...

--Danny