Re: LUCI: Linux Newbie Meeting Tuesday 1/10

Blunier, wrote regarding 'Re: LUCI: Linux Newbie Meeting Tuesday 1/10' on Tue, Jan 10 at 14:36:
[... debian install ...]
> You can still use the old installer.  You may also be able to boot
> knoppix in a text only mode, and run debootrstrap.

How is it that one gets to this "old installer"?  I'm not yet real
strong with Debian & its cousins, and a quick "I should be leaving
for work now but want to know what he's talking about" google search
for '"old installer" site:debian.org' doesn't give a lot of clues in
the first couple of pages... :)

--Danny