Re: Strange MASQ problem

Jorj wrote regarding 'Re: Strange MASQ problem' on Sat, Jan 28 at 06:11:
> tcpdump and ngrep were used on the OUTGOING interface. durring sip traffic,
> I see my Internal address, along with the External address when the IAX
> packets go by or when I ping something outside from the same box that is
> sending the sip packets. This is perplexing.  In an attempt to further trace
> this down I did a "telnet realworldaddress 5060" from the box that is not
> getting masq'd... this was masq'd, right next to the other traffic that was
> not! Any suggestions of what to try next would be appreciated.

At this point, if you're not sure what's going on and can afford to
have this box partially offline for a few minutes or so, I'd suggest
stripping the rules down to the bare minimum (probably just the MASQ
rule for internal->external) and start adding the rules back in, one
by one, from there.  If the traffic still isn't being masq'd with just
the one rule in place, then it's something about the protocol (which
is my guess).  Otherwise, you'll find the problem soon enough. :)

--Danny