Re: NFS Question

The easiest thing to do is just to sync the users between the two
machines, if there's a small number <20 actual users, do it by hand,
change the UIDs on one machine to match the other (make users common to
both machines have the same UID on each machine, make sure no UID is given
to one user on one machine, and another user on the other), then chown the
homedirs so they are still owned by the appropriate people.

For a large amount of users, you are talking something like nss-ldap and
pam-ldap to keep a common set of users.

Personal opinion, do with it what you will.

herbie