Only a little OT: training, etc.

So, to make a long story short, as most of you know, Kara and I sell
systems and parts, and do training and consulting.  Up until fairly
recently, business has been decent, but this current economic climate
has made things a little hard for us lately.  It wouldn't take much for
us to pull out of this completely, so, if I may ask politely, please
consider us if you need systems (desktop, servers, laptops, whatever)
and that sort of thing.  And, again, I'm available for consulting on
Linux migration, advanced networking, system administration, and even
the occasional bit of light programming, so please keep us in mind for
that as well...  Email sales@computerroom.us if there is anything we can
help with.

We moved the business to a new location a little over a year ago.  One
of our main goals with the move was to finally have a proper training
facility.  Unfortunately, various things have kept us from really
getting our classes going the way we'd like.

Right now we're *really* motivated to fix that problem.  Our current
plan is to schedule some short (1-2 day) classes to get things kicked
off, followed by some longer classes far enough out that people will be
able to properly budget and schedule them.  We have a rather long list
of ideas for the short classes, but we're really curious to know what
you guys might be interested in.  Like, interested enough to drive 2
hours, maybe pay a little money, and possibly tell your friends.  ;-)

Obviously Linux and open-source topics are ideal, but just about
anything computer-related could be fair game.  Again, please email
sales@computerroom.us with ideas, or if you want us to let you know what
classes we're scheduling.

As we work out details on our classes, we'll be posting them to our new
blog at

  http://www.computerroom.us/

There's more information about the store there as well.

Oh, and on a happier note, with gas prices dropping the way they have,
assuming they don't just go right back up, I should be able to start
making it to meetings again next month.  :-)  (Let's just hope for some
decent weather in January...)

(618)624-4440             | See web site for meeting details.