Re: Modem Problems

Justin Rolando said:
> I a, having this small problem getting my modem online.
> It don't work lol. I get the text modem is busy. I am runnign
> Caldera2.2 and using a Zoom 56K-PCI modem.

As far as I know, Linux doesn't support any of the PCI modems.  They
all are either Winmodems (just a DSP with a driver that does all the
real work in software), or they use chipsets that no documentation has
been released for.  If you want a modem that you can be sure will
work, get an external modem, or an ISA modem that you are sure is
*not* a Winmodem.

Besides that, it would really help to know exactly what you were
trying (what program, what device you were trying to use, etc.).

> I really need help before
> i just chuck linux for something i know works :-(

Works fine here.  :-)  (I've been using Linux for my Internet access
for 5 years now, since before Microsoft discovered the Internet.
Trust me, it'll work.)

(217)698-1694             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month