Re: another network

10BaseT - 100 meters
10Base2 - 200 meters
10Base5 - 500 meters

Max. single segment run w/o going thru a repeater.

Not sure abt 100BaseT, but would assume the same 100 meter limit w/o using a
repeater.

also on cross talk, that is why the pinout is 1,2,3, 5(or is it 6??) ,*and*
why the wires are twisted  in each pair.
Has somthing to do with raising the capacitance to help act as a filter. You
could also try using shilded Twisted pair.

Roy