Re: No init found

Mark Blunier wrote:
> I'm trying to upgrade my scripts for making boot floppies,
> and I've run into a problem.  I'm using Syslinux for booting
> from a boot and root disk.  When I boot, after the gzipped
> root disk image is read in, I get a Kernel Panic: No init found.
> try using the boot parmater init=.
>
> By using the kernel image that comes on a Debian boot disk
> instead of my own image, it works.  Both images are 2.2.14.
> My image has ext2, minux, and dos compiled in.  My image
> boots fine with lilo from the hard drive.  Is there anything
> else I should be looking at?

Isn't there somewhere in that syslinux.cfg that specifies where init is at?

Perhaps a silly thing, but do you have support for the right kind of
binaries built in (i.e.. a.out / ELF)?  I discovered that not having the
right versions of libc included with a dynamically linked init also caused
problems that seem like something else, but if all you've gotta change is
the kernel, that's prolly not your problem...

--Danny, stabbing in the dark