Re: ANNOUNCE: Theres a new Linux list...

On Sun, Nov 04, 2001 at 02:23:13PM -0600, Mike808 wrote:
> > Suffice it to say, I would prefer that you run your own server and delegate
>
> That's nice. Perhaps you have the time and resources to rewrite every piece
> of software you use. I do not.
>
> > Create your own virtual community - on your own servers - without
> > relying on big brother!
>
> Please tell me why I must re-invent the wheel again?
> Just to be an "individual"? Do you refine your own gasoline?
> Do you grow the wheat and corn in your bread? Milk your own cows?

I have my own mail and web server already set up, with mailman mailing list
software installed. Mailman offers automatic archiving of mail recieved and
remote CGI administration.

I'd be happy to host your mailing list. If interested, just drop me an email
and I'll get you set up. If you don't like my system, I can give you the email
addresses of at least three other people I know who would be willing to host
you. This completly free, with no advertisments, no information needed
at signup other than an email address, and complete control on your part
of the mailing list.

No re-inventing the wheel at all.

--
Jordan Bettis <http://www.hafd.org/~jordanb>
It is easier to change the specification to fit the program than vice versa.