rsync usage

just want to get a second set of eyes on my understanding of rsync. the
man page implies that unless you use -I rsync will skip a file if its
length and timestamp are the same on the remote end as the sending end.

that being said, in theory, the following will allow a local directory to
be kept up to date mirroring any new files, and removing any deleted
files. and no transfer will occur if no files have changed since the last
run...

  rsync -a --delete

seems like a pretty short and sweet command line, but i think i'm
understanding it correctly and it does what i describe. sound right?

thanks -c