Re: What is that rbl Eric?

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 05:39:49PM -0400 or thereabouts, Danny Sauer wrote:
> That's precisely why I don't use RBLs exclusively.  I use RBLs, but
> they're just part of the scoring process in SpamAssasin.  The default
> weights are a little low for me, though, so I normally bump them up a
> little so that places that are listed in more than 2 or 3 go over the
> default threshold.

I only use spamassassin as a last resort, and in fact, have not used it
for the last 9 months, because I have implemented RBLs, <g>  I prefer
blocking at the SMTP level rather then using CPU cycles for SA in the box.
SA is cool though.. All toll, I have a multilevel system for spam defense,
and this has worked extremely well for me.

> Now if I could just dedicate some time to integrating spamc with postfix
> instead of having to deliver through procmail (or having to run two
> instances of postfix, which is just ugly, IMHO). :(

Yes, the downside ... but my downside is maintenance on my own RBL..

--
Gary

Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.