Re: configure apt-get to ignore packages

On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 05:42:13PM -0500, Marcelo Medici wrote:
> I recently installed an RPM manually that required dependencies that are
> not installed on the machine via RPM. As a result apt-get complains.

It won't just complain...  It can't function.

Your choices are either a) don't do that or b) don't let rpm know
about any of the packages.  If you do "rpm -e --justdb" on that
package, it will remove it from the rpm database, but it won't touch
it on the system.

Of course, you're better off fixing the dependencies by installing
everything from rpms.