Re: configure apt-get to ignore packages

Well I installed squirrelmail via command line rpm, however I compile
Apache with modssl and php by hand, and I would rather not use the rpm
packages for these since I also compile in FrontPage Extensions. I did
find that in apt.conf, rather than adding a regex such as "^squirrelmail",
by just adding the package name "squirrelmail" to the Apt::Ignore
variable, it appears that apt is back on track without complaining about
the dependencies. Thank you for the suggestion of the rpm database
rebuild. I will read the man page to become more aquainted with what will
be done.

Thank you.