Re: Linux as a NAT/Router Box

Benjamin Story said:
> I've been tasked with getting our 192.168.x.x network onto the internet via a
> linux box instead of tying up the cisco router with doing NAT.  The problem
> is that even after reading all of the HOWTO's on firewalls and IP
> Masquerading I still have not been able to get the linux box to handle the
> traffic.  I'm now looking into the Linux Router Project, but their
> documentation is losing me quickly.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The notes from my presentation at the St. Louis Unix Users Group Linux
SIG on ipchains are at

    http://www.cs.umsl.edu/~feldt/sluugls/meeting_notes/1999/mar/

Perhaps they'd help...  (They're brief, but maybe you'll be able to
follow what I was talking about.  If not, email me.)

If everyone is interested in this, we could go over it at the next
meeting.

(217)698-1694             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month