My Giant Cursor

I have a Mandrake Red Hat box and it is running Gnome and E.  After I got
it genned out, it decided that the small mouse cursor was just feeble and
so now, it is about one inch by one inch on the screen.  I killed GPM and
restarted, but the cursor still is huge.  Should I just blow it away and
reload?

Thanks,
Cameron

Some machine specs:
14" monitor, Pentium I 166 MHz, 4 Gb hard drive, microsoft mouse (maybe
that is the problem)
pretty standard box.  I don't think the problem is hardware related, just
included the info for a clear picture.