Re: Broadband

Jeff Licquia said:
> Yeah, sure.  Fess up!  Savvis is really a front for the AT&T Phone
> Cartel Liberation Army, and you're planting your evil seeds of
> sedition in the ranks of the faithful!

Heh...  Actually, Savvis resells SDSL service.

> Why?  Do you see this as a function of ADSL, or just the fact that it
> lends itself well to the purposes of sucky ISPs?

Well, yes and yes.  From what I hear, ADSL equipment is cheap.  Also,
the unidirectional nature cuts down on bandwidth utilization, plus
gives them a good reason to charge "business" rates to people who want
SDSL or frame relay.

> > It sounds like most of us have only one or the other available right
> > now, so it's really a moot point.  Both are infinitely better than
> > dial-up, even ISDN dial-up.
>
> Don't rub it in, Mr. We're-Getting-A-T1-For-Peanuts. :-)

Hey, it hasn't happened yet.  (And at the rate work is going, I might
end up with DSL after all...)

> Welcome to America, where bandwidth flows like water in
> the streets.

Because the sewer is backed up?

(618)398-7320             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month