Re: Linux Journal

Kara Pritchard wrote:

> The training has, but not the testing. Keep in mind, granted RHCE is 66%
> hands on, it's not psychometrically developed. This means there is no R&D
> behind the RHCE that makes it legally valid to state that a passing score
> RHCE actually proves anything.

PHB's like initials like this.  The Global Knowledge place that Steve
mentioned has it all over their web pages.  I could handle a drive up to
Chicago better than going to North Carolina.  I looked at some of the
practice exams for MCSE at my last job.  It was crazy some of the stuff
they were asking, besides the propaganda people have already said.  You
had to know exactly what the wording was in various menu items,
View->Internet Options vs Tools->Options vs Edit->Preferences, or is the
username box when creating a user labeled Name, Username, Login ID,
etc.  I can sit down and do what's needed in front of a computer.  But
to remember the exact wording?  Is it so horrible if I take 1/4 of a
second to scan the various menus of an app?  If 66% of the RHCE is hands
on, I welcome it, as long as they don't want me to type from scratch an
entire dhcpd.conf or httpd.conf.