public html

I have a AIX box running Apache that allows users a
public_html directory.  We don't allow ftp outside of
the local network.  It's kind of a pain for the users,
most of whom are not all that PC literate.  SCP is not
really an option (although we have a site license) dur
to the skill level.

My question:  Is there a place to get a web interface
for allowing users to create web pages.  Places like
http://www.homestead.com make our alternative look
absolutely sick.  Not just the web interface, but the
variety of drop and drag widgets, etc..., make it very productive.