Re: Mapping a Windows Drive to Linux

Thanks, Dam....  I will give that a try and see what happens!

Ricky
----- Original Message -----
From: "Damacus" <damacus@bastion.yi.org>
To: <luci-discuss@luci.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2001 9:06 PM
Subject: Re: Mapping a Windows Drive to Linux

> Oh yeah, be sure you have smbfs file support.  cat /proc/filesystems and
look
> for 'smbfs'.  If you don't see it, you'll have to load the module or
recompile
> your kernel.
>
> Dam
>
> On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 07:43:52PM -0500, Ricky Bryce wrote:
> > I have set up a Samba Server in Red Hat Linux 7.1 that works great.  I
can map the Linux drives to the Windows machine.  Can anyone give me an idea
how I would go about mounting a Windows Directory to a Linux machine?  I
have windows machine with a network name SERVER.  A share on this machine is
called DATA.  I would like to access the DATA share from the Linux machine.
The documentation I have is great telling how to map a Linux drive to a
Windows machine, but I cant find much information that tells me how to
access data from the Linux machine.  If you have suggestions I would
appreciate it.  Thanks.