Re: Mandrake 9.0

On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 01:27:24PM -0500, Benjamin Story wrote:
> I know that this is a RedHat Centric list

Don't think that just because *I* always talk about Red Hat that
nobody is interested in anything else.  :-)

> As with RedHat, Mandrake has added the newest GCC, Gnome and Kde.
[...]
> The only negative that I've found thus far is the lack of a w3m rpm in
> the distribution.

I wonder how close Mandrake and Red Hat are these days...  It might be
fun to try installing the w3m package(s) from Red Hat 8.0 or 7.3 to
see if they happen to "just work".

> Also if there are more Mandrake lovers on the list, perhaps we can
> sweet talk Steve into setting up a Mandrake urpmi/apt repository. :-)

Mandrake is certainly on the list of mirrors that I plan to set up.
It just might take a while to get to, given how long it is taking me
to sync up some of the relatively small sites...  :-/  (I've been
syncing the KDE site for the better part of a day now.)