Re: Sendmail Quandry

Assuming that you are using a RedHat-type sendmail.mc configuration, you
need to add the domain by which you wish to receive the mail to
/etc/mail/local-host-names.  To allow relaying add the subnet rule to
/etc/mail/access.  eg: 64.0.0.0  RELAY

Then restart sendmail.

Other than that, you've stated what you want it to do, but not what
results you're getting.

On Wed, 2003-02-05 at 08:33, Erving Blake wrote:
> I have been 'trying' to get sendmail to do what I want so long that I dont
> know just how messed up I have it.. I have seen some of the strangest things
> lately...
> What I want it to do is this:
> 1) Accept incomming email for people on my net ie...  theboss@64.198.89.220
> or al@64.198.89.220 (I currently dont have my domain name pointing to this
> server)..
> 2) relay mail comming from my internal network to the internet.
> 3) REJECT others sending mail FROM the internet TO the internet. Tired of
> being a spam server.
>
> I have made too many attempts at this to even begin to explain my current
> config. I am just lucky to have it allow me to send this mail out.... Most
> of the howto's I have read are so brief on the subject or so complex
> (involving things that dont apply to my config) that I have really screwed
> it up.. I am about ready to trash it all and go back to the default config,
> but I cant remember what all I did to block the spam pipe.
>
> I only have two hairs that aint been pulled. Someone wanna throw me a bone
> (or a .conf file) and save their lives?
> Thanks.. Jorj

Todd Davis (tdavis@msfw.com)
Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE #807101281603181)