Re: wireless products

> 3 foot major axis diameter, 2 foot minor axis diameter.

The DIY folks are using re-purposed "dish" antennas and a soup-can collector.

> > But 75 feet of coax? Is it LMR-400? It's really thick stuff,
> > about 1/2 inch.
> That sounds about right on the diameter, not sure on the specific
> type.

Sounds like you got good advice and a good deal on the install.
I was thinking worst case where you were given 75' of cable-tv cable,
which is pretty bad for 802.11b frequencies and a rip-off for a wifi
installer to sell. But, from what you describe, it's likely LMR-400.
You can get lower-loss cable/wire, but the price starts getting up there
pretty quickly, and you can find yourself trying to justify $7/ft....
But, then you're hangin' with the MonsterCable crowd if you're doing that...

You also have to watch for interference from your microwave and the 2.4Ghz
wireless phones, since they're all in the same frequency band as your WiFi rig.
And stuff with water in it - like leaves, as you noted. Water absorbs that
frequency of light/energy, which is why they use it in microwave ovens.

> It try to follow the rule, if it ain't broke don't fix it,
> (unless it looks really fun to play with),

But then you don't have the fun of figuring out what all the extra parts left
over are for. :=)

Mike808/