Re: dns forwarding

Hello,

A couple of things. Unless both nameservers are used (half clients point
to .2, half clients point to .1) there isn't much point as you'd just be
adding an extra step in a lookup.

Secondly, if you do want to do that, in my experience forward first is
buggy in bind 8. You end up regularly with badly corrupted caches. If
you really want to do that, you should upgrade to bind 9.

And last but not least, if everything is functioning fine on your
servers, you're probably better off just leaving them without the
forwarding. DNS isn't a particularly taxing service on either hardware
or bandwidth so it's typically adequate to leave the role of the
secondary as redundancy rather than trying to get a more efficient setup
from 2 servers rather than 1.

Dean