Re: Apt/Yum upgrading from Yellow Dog to Fedora Core 2

On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 01:27:28PM -0000, bja@Illinois.DynDNS.Org wrote:
> Has anyone seen any docs or posts about using apt or yum to upgrade from
> Yellow Dog Linux 3.0.1 to Fedora Core 2? I know that YDL 3.0.1 is directly
> based on Red Hat Linux 9 and on x86, RHL9 to Fedora Core 2 is supposed to
> work? Any idea if the name or architecture will make a difference?

It sounds like upgrading to rawhide (the development tree) should just
work now.  The only thing missing (as I recall) is the kernel.

If you wanted to do an install, this looks like the best howto:

  http://www.bytebot.net/geekdocs/ibook/fedorappc.html

Anyway, I'd suggest consulting Google.

  http://www.google.com/search?q=fedora%20ppc