Re:

On Sat, 2005-11-19 at 16:24 -0600, David Cloyd wrote:
> Hey all I don't normally post but I thought this might shed some light on
> the question at hand.  I believe that an employer may pay you a fixed amount
> regardless of the number of hours worked if you fall into specific
> occupations which are exempted from the FLSA (Fair Labor Standards Act),

I _am_ an "EXEMPT" employee and salaried.  I accept this.  I have _no_
problem with this.  That's just a fact of life.  I am paid for working
40, and I work 70+ hours/week.  I figured 50+ hours/week was going to be
the deal anyway.

My wife wanted me home, and the firm in St. Louis I was contracting at
wouldn't guarantee a permanent position (at least not until I gave
notice -- but that wasn't a door I wanted to open after already
accepting the new position).  So I accepted that.

What I have an "issue" with is that my contract states I get 7 holidays
per year.  I'm now getting 5 or 6 holidays per year (depending on the
outcome of Christmas -- we still won't get a day for New Year's).  Now
I'll probably end up working it just because I'm so busy I have to
regardless.

But it doesn't do much for moral when you have this type of company.
One that is to tight that they screw over all their permanent employees
like this.  It's bad enough that we only get 1 paid week of vacation per
year, but now they're taking away vacation days they agreed to in the
written and mutually signed contract.

I was just wondering if anyone here has ever seen a company that doesn't
give a day for Christmas and New Year's off when it falls on a weekend?

--
Bryan J. Smith   b.j.smith@ieee.org   http://thebs413.blogspot.com