OT: No Fluff, Just Stuff (Java Conference)

Danny Sauer wrote:
>> NoFluffJustStuff Gateway Java Software Symposium
> That's just about the most oxymoronic event title ever, isn't it? :)

How so? I went to the one last year, and by the end of the day, my ears
were bleeding from cramming too much good stuff into to short a time. I
haven't been that intellectually challenged at a conference. The
speakers are unbelievably good. Eric Hatcher, Bob Martin, the list goes
on. The topics are useful and interesting -- bytecode manipulation,
OO-DB mapping, persistence, Bitter EJB stories, Test-First coding
techniques. The fact that I won a free pass was just some great luck,
and worth paying to go back this year and see the presentations I
couldn't see last year -- too many good ones overlapped, and for every
single session during the three days.

And it's a Fri-Sun deal, so travelers get the Saturday stay airfares,
and in-towners don't have to give up more than a half-day in billable
hours. What's not to like?

Anyway, they really are "no fluff, just stuff". Recommended if you do
Java for a living.

mike/