Re: Broadband

Tesla Coil said:
> On 24 Apr 2000, Steven Pritchard replied to Jeff Licquia:
> > Are you really sure about that?  Honestly, how much high-
> > bandwidth downloading do you really do?
>
> You know better than that.  Give people the bandwidth,
> they'll find a way to waste it...

Actually, I meant Jeff specifically.  While many of us download large
files (like ISO images), we have already been trained to do it during
off-peak hours, if only to keep the load on the ftp servers down.  (I
prefer to get a couple hundred k/s from ftp.redhat.com during
off-hours to get a few k/s during peak hours, for example.)

Your average semi-savvy luser (say, for example, your average college
student) would probably use a *lot* more bandwidth, since they tend to
download random Windows programs, run stuff like Napster, harvest porn
and warez from Usenet, etc.

I could be completely wrong here, but I'd be willing to bet that most
of us are "nicer" with bandwidth than our neighbors.

Oh, BTW, on another topic entirely...  Don't forget that there's a
meeting tomorrow.  I have free stuff.  I'll send out a meeting
announcement in a bit.

(618)398-7320             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month